About our Program
Virginia Legal Aid Society is a non-profit organization that provides free legal representation and aid to those who qualify in the communities that we serve. Here at VLAS, we are always appreciative of the Pro Bono Attorneys who volunteer and believe in social justice. We welcome attorneys who wish to volunteer to contact VLAS staff at any of our locations.
Special Education Rights
Landlord Tenant Issues
Social Security (SSA and SSI), Unemployment Compensation
Uncontested Divorce, Adoption, Name Change, Guardianships, Advance Medical Directives, Guardian Ad Litem Appointments, Simple Wills, Powers of Attorney
Bankruptcy, Business Incorporation, Real Estate Deeds, Small Consumer Matters
- It is a great opportunity to give back to the community without a great deal of time involved.
- It allows you to try something new.
- You are helping clients, who cannot otherwise afford an attorney, solve their legal problems.
- You are covered under Virginia Legal Aid Society’s liability insurance while working on our cases.
- There are experienced Panel attorneys willing to be your mentor in various areas of the law.
- The cases you accept should only take 10 hours or less to complete.
- You get to select which areas of the law you wish for your case selection.
VLAS Service Areas
Please click the link below to volunteer in the service area closest to you.
Serves the City of Lynchburg, and the counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Campbell, and Halifax
Serves the Cities of Danville, Martinsville and the counties of Henry, Patrick and Pittsylvania
Serves the Cities of Emporia, Franklin and Suffolk and the counties of Greensville, Isle of Wight, Southampton, and Sussex
Serves the counties of Amelia, Buckingham, Charlotte, Cumberland, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Nottoway, Prince Edwards, and Brunswick
Virginia Legal Aid Society would like to thank all of the attorneys who have volunteered for this program. We would also like to thank our Pro Bono Attorneys for their continued dedication to our cause. Pro Bono Attorneys allow VLAS to serve more clients than our staff alone would be able to. We can never have too many volunteers or help too many people in need.