VLAS may be able to help you with your civil legal issue or question if:
- Your issue falls within the categories of cases we handle below. VLAS does not handle criminal or traffic violation cases.
- You are eligible for our services.
Types of Cases
Special Education Rights, Student Discipline
Landlord Disputes and Evictions, Subsidized and Public Housing, Mortgage Foreclosures, Hazardous Conditions, Utilities
Medicaid, Medicare, Health Insurance, FAMIS (Family Access and Medical Insurance Security)
Social Security Disability, SSI, Food Stamps (SNAP), WIC, Unemployment Compensation, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Uncontested Divorce, Child Custody Interstate Disputes, Child Support involving Disabled Parents, Simple and Living Wills, General Powers of Attorney, Guardianships
Collections and Repossessions, Garnishment Exemptions, Illegal or Unfair Sales Practices, Consumer Credit Violations, Payday and Car Title Lending, Car Warranties.
- Location of your legal problem
- Name/birth dates of people involved in your case (to check for conflicts of interests)
- Your income and available financial resources
- Demographic information, including household size
- Your immigration status
To determine your eligibility, please either complete our online application to receive a legal hotline priority code that will speed up the screening process or call our legal hotline LawLine directly at 1-866-534-5243. If you are having trouble reaching us from a cellphone from outside our service area, call 434-455-3080.